This feature is currently only available for a small group of users. If you would like to test your Figma prototypes get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to this beta feature.
You can now create user tests using your Figma prototype in just a few clicks. Your participants will also have the option to share their browser window or even their entire screen when completing a test.
Preparing your Figma file:
- To get started, you need to get a link to your Figma prototype
- Open your file in Figma and at the top right press the play icon
- Now you should see your Figma prototype
- Click ‘Share’ to bring up the share dialog
- Ensure that your share link visibility is set to ‘Anyone with the link’ and not ‘Only people invited to this file’
- Press ‘Copy link’
Note: Marvel accepts only links where the visibility is set to ‘Anyone with the link’. The URL should start with `https://figma.com/proto/`.
Creating a user test project:
- Go to your Marvel dashboard
- Click on Create Project
- Click User Test
- Paste your Figma file or prototype URL and press Continue
- The Test name is generated using your Figma file name and version, you can update if needed
- Select either Free Roam or Goal-based test
- Click Invite participants
- Click Copy to share the link to your test or click Send email
Tips for participants:
- When the participant receives your link, they will be asked to enter their name and email address
- Then press I accept to consent to terms
- The browser will ask for access to their microphone and camera (Chrome) | (Safari) | (Edge) | (Opera)
- Confirm this choice in Marvel by pressing Yes, enable or Skip
- Press Start testing to enable screen sharing via your browser (macOS) | (On Windows, follow the directions outlined in the "Choose what to share" pop-up)
- Choose to share this current tab, the whole browser window, or the entire screen. Look for the tab name starting with ‘➡️➡️➡️ Pick this screen’
Note: The screen sharing pop up can vary between browsers and advise participants to use the latest versions of the browsers compatible with this feature (Chrome, Safari, Edge and Opera).