We’re super excited to bring User Testing to your prototyping experience in Marvel. It’s a game-changer for your workflow and enables anyone in your team to spin up a user test and validate prototypes with users, stakeholders and colleagues, in just a few clicks.
How it works
- You pick a prototype to test
- Marvel generates a unique link which you send to participants on either their desktop or mobile devices
- Once the participant hits the link, they can begin testing
- Marvel records the screen, audio and front-facing camera and provides additional metrics on top as the result
- You receive the result within Marvel (as well as an email notification) which you can then view or share with your team
Pick your type of test
Marvel currently offers two types of tests - free roam and goal-based. Let's go into more detail on each of these.
Goal-based - This type of test is perfect if you have a particular goal or task you want your participant to complete (such as a payment flow etc). You'll be prompted to select the screen which the user needs to reach to successfully complete the goal. Once the goal has been reached, the test will automatically end.
Free roam - This type of test allows the user to stop when they've finished and has no particular goal. It's great for standard web and app prototypes or single-page app or website designs.
How to run remote moderated usability tests
Looking for inspiration? We've written a post on using Zoom or Hangouts with Marvel to create the ultimate remote usability test. Check it out here.
Creating your test and inviting participants
- Go to your dashboard
- Click on Create Project
- Click User Test
- Enter a name for the project
- Click Pick a project to select the prototype you wish to test
- Select either Free Roam or Goal-based test
- Click Invite participants
- Click Copy to share the link to your test or click Send email
When your participant clicks the link, they’ll be taken to the start of the test in their browser or on their mobile or tablet device. During the test, the participant can navigate through the prototype, and leave audio and video feedback.
A minute or two after the test has been completed, you’ll find the result in Marvel, ready to watch and share with your team.
Note: As of 25 July 2022, Marvel User Testing has been sunsetted on Marvel Free plans. New user tests can no longer be created on Free plans. A new, more feature-rich user-testing tool is now available at Ballpark, the fastest way to capture high-quality feedback on questions, marketing copy, designs and Figma prototypes using tasks and video.