User roles allow you to give each collaborator different levels of access, whether that's read-only mode or edit - it's perfect for working with clients, stakeholders and managing your organisation within Marvel.
Editor - This is the default role in Marvel, typically for designers and creators. It allows the user to add, edit or remove images, collaborators and settings on projects.
Reviewer - This is a 'read-only' permission which prevents the user editing or removing the project settings, images or collaborators. Reviewers can see all team projects.
This is a great role for internal stakeholders who just need to sign in to Marvel to view projects and leave comments.
External Reviewer - This is a 'read-only' permission which prevents the user editing or removing the project settings, images or collaborators. External Reviewers can only see projects they have been added to specifically.
This role is particularly useful for freelancers or external developers who should not have access to wider team projects, just the specific ones you select.
Account Admin - Account admins can add and remove people to your team plan, create teams and change user roles.
Note: Anyone you add to your team will be set as Editor by default.
How to edit the role of a user on a plan
- Head to your People section
- Find the user > Options >
Want to change the owner of your Team plan?
Just drop us an email over to email@example.com!
If you work in a company where you have different divisions, clients, skill-sets or locations, teams are a great way to organise those groups.
A great example of teams in use is within an agency where the London and New York offices have separate teams, all under the same Marvel account.
Note: This is a feature on the Team Plan. Each person you add will be automatically upgraded and added to your plan, meaning they'll have access to all our premium features.
How to create a team:
- Click on the Company option in the header navigation
- Scroll down to the Teams section
- Click Create Team on the right
- Give your team a name and logo
To add people to your team:
- Click on the people section of your account > teams
- Find the team you want to add the user to
- Click on Add People to Team in the top right-hand corner
- If they're already on your plan, they'll have access to your teams projects straight away
- If they don't already have a Marvel account, they'll receive an invitation email asking them to create a Marvel account
To add a team to your project:
Adding a team to a project is a great way to give everyone in that team access to a project. Once added they'll be able to add comments, images and get notifications on updates.
How to add a team to your project:
- Select any Marvel project
- Once in the project, click on the add people button next to the project name
- In your directory, select the team you want to invite to the project.
- Click Update
To remove people from your team:
- Head to the people section of your account > toggle to teams
- Find the team you want to edit
- Next to the person's name, you should see a bin icon
- Click & confirm